Magic Square is a concept changing way of piecing designed by Thimblelady. You can design all sorts of geometric shapes and patterns using the same WAY of piecing a quilt!
The major differences this Way of piecing, in comparison to general piecing by hand or machine, are:
1. Extreme simplicity in sewing – just make a folded square pouch, no matter what colours and how many colours you use. Watch the video below. Insert batting into easy square – individually batted. Then piece the completed squares together into a quilt at the end. No quilting needed.
2. With countless faces! Unlike traditional hexagon piecing with only differences in colours, The magic squares can be made into squares of triangles in any size and angles.
3. More magical is: you can make perfect triangles easily: all the triangles in magic squares are the result of folding the fabrics, not cutting and stitching accurately. This gives magic square endless possibilities in designs from traditional or modern, from tessellations to half triangles.
4. All designs will end up a double sided quilt.
5. All quilts are made quilt-as-you-go. After piecing all your tiny quilt together, you’ve got a finished quilt! A perfect sit and sew project among friends without revealing your design – until your finish the final piece-together! So you still get a big WOW even though all your friends watched you making the squares all along!
Each set contains 1 template (Glowing acrylic) and a magic square travel box for your fabric squares. Plus a travel book with step-by-step instructions on 40 basic variations the magic square design is capable of – from simple geometric designs to pictorial designs. And this is just a start!
Also check out the magics of the Stitch Regulators and Magic Seam Folder (aka, Magic Marker), they are the integral part of Thimblelady’s hand piecing trio! Unleash your imagination with the combined power of the piecing trio tools. Enjoy piecing like never before!
The Magic Square design, as one of Liuxin’s trio invention – is the solution of my effort to create an easy no-brainer for my busy travels that are better and easier than traditional hexagons and the popular quilt as you go design that you have to cut, sandwich and baste everything together before you sew which is too bulky to travel with and too much preparation – and still needs my regulators to stitch the finished shapes together: Perfectly, quickly and without pain! See more magic square quilts.